View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Does the job for cheap, car navigation for a king! – Car Windshield Holder Swivel Mount for Apple iPad Reviews

posted by CarnagerSDV on 07/30/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
First off, it's cheap to purchase. As we all fame DX for. When receiving the suction cup is very strong and it will hold the iPad with greatest of ease after mounting to the window. Can be used two ways: Keep back cover on your ipad for protection and use the quickmount to mount it to the suctioncup & swivel part, or just take your ipad out every time you leave the car and leave the backplate. So you get two products in one!
Cons:
After couple of months of usage and also a longer period of hot sun days with over 40 deg celcius (over 100F) in the car when parked, the backplate is now more curved than it used to be. It makes putting the ipad in or taking it out (requires nails!) a bit more tricky but once it is in it still is rock solid. :) Less nice is the quality of suction cup after the sun: in the center it is starting to crack so it will only stay mounted to the window shorter and shorter. Just now it would only hold out for minutes so I applied industrial superglue to the suction cup and mounted it to the dashboard instead - I don't want to remove it ever again anyway - but I can understand this will not be a solution for everybody.. But for me it's great, rock solid again regardless of whatever temperature :)
Other:
Be sure to mount it a little further away than you would mount a phone or (small) satnav as obviously the larger measurements of the ipad & holder will take away a larger part of your view of the road.
Bottomline:
Cheap, good, two products for the price of one, but don't use in hot weather or be prepared to take measurements like I did - or buy another for autumn. ;)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections