DX  » Community » Reviews » Portable 1.4" LCD Rechargeable SD/MMC MP3 Player Speaker with FM Radio (Pink)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 3
Great device for the price! – Portable 1.4" LCD Rechargeable SD/MMC MP3 Player Speaker with FM Radio (Pink) Reviews

posted by Danallen on 08/30/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- White LED backlit LCD - Sturdy and fun body - Great for kids - SD card interface - USB drive reader - Battery, interchangeable - Stereo - Remote
Cons:
- The UI is sluggish - 0.25-0.4 seconds latency - SD card sticks out 1/2 inch 1.25 CM. - Default language is chinese - No Japanese or Korean language - Folder navigation is limited and hard to use - Sound quality is subpar - to be expected. There is the typical MP3 sizzle - Small battery, like a cell phone battery.
Other:
I bought this device for my baby girl to playback nice childhood songs. I was sad to see that it can't display japanese text, seems odd when it does many other languages. The audio quality isn't bad, but I know subpar when I hear it. My main gripe with this device is how it lacks memory for playing back the last song. Plus it is VERY cumbersome to navigate through the options to get to the folder structure. NOTE for non-chinese speakers: To get to english or any other langage, follow this guide. -From the main menu icons go to the right icon with the screwdriver and wrench - hit M - The third menu item down is language - hit M - Choose the language: 1 - Simple chinese 2 - English 3 - French 4 - German 5 - Italian 6 - Spanish GL!
Bottomline:
I love this device for its price, look, durability, and built-in battery.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections