DX  » Community » Reviews » USB Rechargeable Mini Portable Speaker w/ TF Slot - Black (3.5mm/DC 5V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 3
Nice unit, but Mini SD card doesn't work for me. – USB Rechargeable Mini Portable Speaker w/ TF Slot - Black (3.5mm/DC 5V) Reviews

posted by natureguy on 03/24/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Small, compact, sound is reasonable given the small size, can play from an internal MiniSD card. Build quality is very good. Don't expect it to be real loud, it is only 2 watts, but it is plenty for general use.
Cons:
The only complaint I have is that I can not get it to play from the MiniSD card. I got it to work one or twice, but it appears to have an issue reading the card. I tried everything, even took it apart to check for bad connections, but I think it might have to do with the software or I have a bad 4GB card. I am using a new card and it works elsewhere. I really wanted to play from the MiniSD card, but now I will have to play using an MP3 player.
Other:
Anyone else have trouble with the MiniSD card, or do I just have a bad unit? The review previous sounds like the MiniSD card worked ok for them.
Bottomline:
Just what I was looking for in a small portable speaker for calling in wildlife for filming. I just really wish the MiniSD part of the product worked for me.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections