DX  » Community » Reviews » Night Vision Reading 3-LED Book Light Panel (3*AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Great idea, poor quality but it works – Night Vision Reading 3-LED Book Light Panel (3*AAA) Reviews

posted by Tigers75 on 06/28/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- strong light;
- there's a dimmer wheel so you can set up the amount of light you want;
- the idea is good and well engineered, I opened it to see how it was done and the LEDs are inside the plexiglas and thus give good light; also the plexiglas is tapered so the light reflects towards the page rather than out of it.
Cons:
- the packaging can't protect it during transport and the tiny plastic foil it was folded with couldn't protect it from scratches;
- the tiny black holder was apart when it arrived and I couldn't find a way to put it back - again poor quality;
- speaking of poor quality: the dimmer wheel is defective and rotates badly with "jumps", that's because it's fixed with a screw: if you tighten it it won't turn anymore, if you let it loose it turns too much at certain rotation angles;
- it gets more scratches very easily and they are very visible;
Other:
- I bought it for the kindle and it fits almost perfectly, the only downside being it covers the keyboard (I keep it in place with a clip); the turning page buttons remains free anyway. I'm planning on cutting a piece so I can access the keyboard.
Bottomline:
I really would like to give it a higher rating, but it's really cheaply built.
Still worth it because of the good idea and the relatively low price, but I expected more.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections