DX  » Community » Reviews » Eastward YJ J08 Cree XP-G R5 3-Mode 260-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight with Clip (1*CR123A/1*16340)
Sort by:
10 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:404 (40%)
  • 4 Star:404 (40%)
  • 3 Star:101 (10%)
  • 2 Star:101 (10%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

90% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Compact and easy to use.

posted by steed33 on 01/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Compact, beautiful, with no protruding parts, a belt clip. Strong and wide beam of light, without the parasitic rings with smooth transition boundary from the central spot to the periphery. Not long range, I have enough to ten meters. I he took it as a pock...
    Cons:
    This flashlight I had two. And on the first and on the second there is a bad contact. First solder contacts, the second has not...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent EDC flood type light

posted by slobodanc on 12/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It has an excellent flood type beam with a little hit spot. Excellent for general use around the house, garage, basement, etc. I am happy with the quality. It is easy to screw on and off to recharge cell. Has a nice appearance, sturdy clip, etc.
    Cons:
    The switch is bit tricky to press to change modes. I often end up pushing too far and turning it off. Lower power level mode i...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Modest, but nice.

posted by jorel83 on 11/30/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works, but it's sensitive to batteries that's not fully charged. The lights is not constant with those kind of batts. Good size.
    Cons:
    NOT AS ADVERTISED! Not 260 lumens, a 160 lumes torch with bad batteries outperformes it by far! At the best its 50-90 lumens....
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Little Sun

posted by Cherax on 11/29/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright this little flashlight. Mine came with XP-G ! The beam is VERY useful, really a wide bright beam. (beam is like my Spiderfire P7: wide and smooth spot)
    Cons:
    The circuit at my flashlight had two problems: -The contact of the spring at the Tail-cap (I resoldered it). -The spring was ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Powerful little package

posted by cadguy on 11/26/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This light is super bright for an unbelievably small size. Very good clicky switch which has 100% on, flashing strobe, and dimmed on positions as you cycle through. Very well made case with a small flaw noted below.
    Cons:
    This light has one small (critical) flaw. The electrical current is supposed to ground through the annodized case to make the ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    My new EDC

posted by aemkei777 on 11/14/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I love the looks and feels! Smaller than I expected.Its well designed and machined, the gray is also of a nice shade. I use it with sku.13927 and its really bright. Got one with a good white tint, no blueisch or greenish hue Has low, strobe and high, and ...
    Cons:
    Clicky rattles. Emitter slightly off center. Front O-Ring not perfectly mounted. To short for self defense purposes.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    could have been a lot brighter

posted by shicks101 on 11/12/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    good build quality, feels solid in the hand. the beam pattern is nice with a good spot with a nice even spill. looks like a cree XPG emitter
    Cons:
    not as bright as advertised, comparing it with other lights i have reckon it about 90lm no where near 260. checked the current ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice build quality, decent EDC

posted by bdinger on 11/05/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Build quality is pretty dang impressive for a $18 light of this size, I'm thoroughly impressed with that part of it. Beam pattern is downright impressive. Nice spot with a great spill that's consistent and pretty impressive for the price/type of light. ...
    Cons:
    260 lumens? What? Did I get a defective unit? There's no way that high is 260 lumens, it's bright enough for most stuff.. bu...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good flashlight but two flaws...

posted by ayla8585 on 11/03/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very nice and sturdy build quality, tight clip that will hold on. Almost as bright as my Skyray SR-5, very bright! Thats is only when using RCR 3.7V, about half as bright on high with batterystations 3V primaries. Good heat transfer from body. Flashlight...
    Cons:
    The metal tail clicky however does look very solid on picture but is in fact quit flimsy and rattles when shaking the flashligh...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awsome get it now

posted by tabetha on 11/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    tail standing, totally flat base, using a recessed steel button to switch on, totally rugged construction very strong clip to attach to pocket, belt etc, nice knurling, easy to grip even with wet hands, good run time, good functions, hi low and strobe, see...
    Cons:
    A touch pricey maybe, but considering the light output you get instead of the size maybe very good ?
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections