Good cycling camera – 1.3MP 1/4 CMOS Waterproof Digital Camera Camcorder with Built-in Microphone Reviews
posted by tallmantim on 11/14/2010
Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
* Comes with bike and helmet mount
* Good video quality
* Easy to operate and access files through microSD or by plugging into the computer with miniUSB port
* Can be used as a webcam by plugging into the computer without an SD card inserted (has two USB modes)
* Is charged by USB when not turned on
* Mount is flimsy - does not provide a rock solid base for the camera and as such pushes extra shake into the feed (handlebar mount in particular) although you can take it apart and tighten it up
* Sound doesn't work on my unit (I don't really need sound anyway so am not going to send it back under warranty)
Overall pretty happy with it. It is possible to strap to your helmet without the mount system and I will try that further to get a solid base.
with handlebar mount
with helmet strap
additionally, the bottom dashboard of the videos was done with Excel 2003, Virtualdub and superimposed with Adobe Elements.
overall, pretty happy with it - works well, is small and works with my 16GB microSD card.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.