DX  » Community » Reviews » Learning Universal Remote Controller with Air Conditioner Controls
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Great device. Just works – Learning Universal Remote Controller with Air Conditioner Controls Reviews

posted by JrBenito on 05/21/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-The price is good to a device with LCD and macro functions. -It has a nice set of built-in codes that fit almost every home appliance. -The LCD has backlight but remote power it of to save battery if no key pressed for some seconds. -Macro functions can be executed at a specific hour. -Excellent learn function. -Simple to use basic functions -Manual on many languages
Cons:
-LCD has pre-defined appliance names (TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CD and A/C). It could be better to rename a page, ie. VCR, to something like "Home Theater" (or for short, Theater) since we don't have VCR anymore. -There are only 4 macro key -Automatic search code is terrible, the best way is to enter codes manually or by learn function -Macro programming instructions is confuse.
Other:
-It is not big -My Echostar Satellite receiver was not well fit on any Echostar predefined codes but learn functions did its job (I think this is not a remote issue but a customized control settings made by DTH carrier).
Bottomline:
All my remote controls (5 at all) are now retired 8)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections