DX  » Community » Reviews » Mini Rectangle Shape USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 4-Port Hub (480Mbps)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
doesn't get any better then this – Mini Rectangle Shape USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 4-Port Hub (480Mbps) Reviews

posted by waterbeesje on 08/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
- small shape - three extra USB-ports (since it uses one port: 4-1=3) - works just as fast as a native USB-port - works on slightly higher currents (I attached 2 external HDD's without extra power, USB-port on computer must be capable too!)
Cons:
- Why is one port at the side, instead of next to the other three ports? - Extension cable is short (could be a con, but actually I chose this one because of this)
Other:
Needed this one to replicate a Raspberry Pi model A (with just one USB port) and works like a dream. With some double sided tape I fittted it to the side of my case (can't use the DVI any more, but that's OK).
Bottomline:
Short on USB-ports? Don't want a funny shape or uselessly big port replicator? You definately should use this one. Color matches Apple products as well!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections