DX  » Community » Reviews » Heatsink Thermal Compound (Grease-like)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Good value for an essential item – Heatsink Thermal Compound (Grease-like) Reviews

posted by dexter0907x on 12/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
For the price, a large amount of thermal compound has been provided. It's really useful for CPU installations, and I haven't had a chance to test it out on one - but it appears just like any other paste. Thermal paste can be useful in all kinds of situations, not just CPU installations, but my normal use is on CPU's.
Cons:
The container isn't sealed properly. It was leaking some oily substance as soon as I received it. I had to hold onto and open the container with a tissue to avoid getting oily residue all over my hands.
Other:
not 20g, less then half filled... You should replace the themal grease on componants like your CPU every couple years, and when you do you dont need to go past this product, works well and though i dont know much about themal grease pricing, i imagine this is quite a bargin.
Bottomline:
Great value, just watch the container when you open the package! There seems to be some odditys going on with the ammount of substance. I noticed some pictures show "20g" on it, mine has "10g" but a "2" has been crossed over it. Despite all that the container was only half full (about 5g ?)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections