Sort by:
9 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:676 (67%)
  • 4 Star:333 (33%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great to fast start programming 8-bit AVR

posted by nesferatos on 11/14/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I've bought it to programming AVR microcontrollers. I've tried it under linux (ubuntu x64), using "5-wired" easy-to-make homemade AVR-programmer with buffer 74hc244n. Everything works great! I've programmed it using Ponyprog2000 program and avrdud...
    Cons:
    I've used AVR Atmega-16
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and easy

posted by Xudonax on 07/27/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Really simple to install, just shutdown your computer, plug in the card and start your computer. Drivers are automatically installed on just about all operating systems (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Linux). Really usefull when you are trying to program a ARM devel...
    Cons:
    None really, it just works.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great!

posted by phoebus16 on 02/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It just works! I have tested it with a lcd character display and works as expected. That means that is a real port and not just for printers like the usb-parallel converters.
    Cons:
    No cons really, the price could be a little better but still it worths it if you need it.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good, very cheap :D

posted by nahiko on 05/19/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very good card, it is not a fake parallel port, it is an actual parallel port. It works as it is supposed to. I bought it to get some digital outputs out from my computer, and so I did, and it works really good. It is easy to install the card and the driver.
    Cons:
    The CD that came with it did not work, the driver is not in it or at least I was not able to find it, but here in some other re...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good value for money.

posted by flye75 on 03/01/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - cheap. all the shops i look at sells this at double the price. - good for pc that doesn't come with any parallel port. - works 100% with my CNC program (mach 3) - very good, no complains actually
    Cons:
    - there's no instructions/ model number inside the box. - Driver CD doesn't state which driver to use.(later found out this is ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as it's supposed to

posted by Fossalta on 02/10/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Adds a standard parallel port to a PC Works better than a USB/Parallel convertor because it actually shows as a parallel port and not a USB printing device. This means that it also works for scanner devices! Very cheap compared to other manufacturers. Easy ...
    Cons:
    Doesn't use legacy I/O addresses. Some programs might have problems with that. But if you can configure the I/O address manuall...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good bang for the buck

posted by DrKlahn on 02/05/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    These are inexpensive, solid cards that worked on every system (W98 and XP) I installed them in. The Windows XP Control Panel driver configuration even allows you to set interrupt usage -- none, avoid if possible, or use freely.
    Cons:
    Plug-and-pray sees the card as a PCI Simple Communication Controller, not a printer port, so you do need to install the driver ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Used with Windows XP SP2

posted by CQ2000 on 01/31/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Price.
    Cons:
    Driver supplied did not work for me. Manufacture's driver is here: http://www.moschip.com/html/MCS9805.html
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Help for those with legacy hardware.

posted by CountZero on 01/21/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Gives a working parallel port and works under linux. No special drivers needed. Works with Jtag adapers.
    Cons:
    None
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections