DX  » Community » Reviews » Temperature Tolerant Solder Tip Cleaning Pads (10-Pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 3
They are decent mini sponges for cleaning soldering iron. – Temperature Tolerant Solder Tip Cleaning Pads (10-Pack) Reviews

posted by Bonejj on 05/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
They are small dried out and pressed down solder sponges. There are 10 of them, just the right size for fitting right into my soldering iron holder sponge reservoir.
Cons:
I don't care for the round ones, they don't fill up the reservoir as much as I'd like but are still useful.
Other:
I would much rather there be a set of 10 square and another set of 10 round sold separately but that's not currently offered on DX. I tend to cut small slits in mine so that I can put the tip into the slit while I'm wiping it off so that it's only one simple dip to the sponge to clean it off in one shot for less thermal shock to the iron from repeated passes on the sponge.
Bottomline:
They work pretty good and take temperature rather well from what I've seen so far. I;m still only on my first couple at this time.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections