Sort by:
13 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:699 (69%)
  • 4 Star:314 (31%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works well

posted by NorthernDIY on 12/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Provides some flux like action for soldering. It's super cheap! Comes Securely packaged. Easy clean up with the right solvents.
    Cons:
    Leaves a lot of residue. Flux action is on the weak side. Can be a heck of a mess when chipping a piece out of the block.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for making your own Flux, see my review for proper instructions

posted by Bonejj on 05/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - A simple and useful product - 2 20g boxes of Rosin - Seems refined well enough for my needs
    Cons:
    I wouldn't mind if it came in a better container or bigger blocks. I would like to see a 80g option available for purchase.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good stuff for diy flux

posted by nmapper on 10/31/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Clear hard rosin for making homebrew flux for soldering. No corrosive residue has been left on stuff I have used it for. I crushed it and dissolved it in isopropyl alchol. All of it dissolved so no random solids in it either!
    Cons:
    None that I have found yet. I have no way of verifying the claim of low KOH content, but it appears to be fairly low because no...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great stuff!

posted by BrendanP on 10/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This stuff is very inexpensive yet effective! What I did was crush it into a powder, the particles being about the same size as granulated sugar or table salt, dissolved that into 100ml of ~99% isopropyl alcohol (I used the 'salting out' method of removing...
    Cons:
    None!
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good stuff

posted by Fenki on 08/13/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I use it as soldering flux solved in isopropyl alcohol. It can also be used to protect PCB from oxidation. For this I just dissolved as much colophonium in the alcohol as possible. After covering the PCB with this, it dries within 1 - 2 days to a glass-like...
    Cons:
    It's not too easy to get it out of the paper box. But that's the only con.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great stuff for the DIYer

posted by Kuremyr on 08/09/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is great stuff, I use it a LOT when soldering my electronics projects at home. Just mix it up according to the patent supplied in another review and your on your way to better soldering jobs and better circuit performance.
    Cons:
    Might not end up being the worlds most powerful flux after mixing but then again that is the reason behind using non activated ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    What a Deal

posted by petevan1970 on 12/08/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I used this to make my own flux. I followed the directions that I found her on the reviews. I crushed up one box, put in a container added about 60% of the volume of rubbing alcohol a little bit of vegetable glycerin and a day later I had the best and cheap...
    Cons:
    You have to wait to be able to use this as flux.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does what you expect

posted by dextremeeal on 11/08/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Dissolve it in Isopropyl or Ethanol, heat it, let it cool and the alcohol evaporate a bit. You get viscous colophony flux that won't flow away until you solder. With more alcohol, you get a liquid for brushing onto a PCB or sticking wires in.
    Cons:
    It's a bit hard to dissolve a block, you have to break up the large block into smaller pieces. The block is poured into the car...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The best deal here for me !

posted by Otatiaro on 01/19/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is just awesome. You can create a very efficient, very cheap solder flux with this item. Simply add some IPA (isopropylic alcohol) and some drops of glycerin, wait 24 or 48 hours and voilà.
    Cons:
    You need time for the rosin to melt in the IPA, if you need sodler flux RIGHT NOW ... it "could" be a con. Finding IPA could b...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Resin in a box

posted by dansdata on 10/03/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Cheap as chips. Looks like pretty high-grade pine resin ("rosin").
    Cons:
    The resin was poured molten into the boxes, so it's in there tight. If you want to use it as solder flux, you'll need to break ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections