DX  » Community » Reviews » 7.2M HSDPA 3G USB 2.0 Wireless Modem Adapter - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Works well – 7.2M HSDPA 3G USB 2.0 Wireless Modem Adapter - Black Reviews

posted by marcoscu2 on 11/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Good build quality No drivers needed, all software is on the USB stick Works well with Windows 7 Comes with long list of preset network Easy to swap network as needed Software supports SMS Software is in English, works well and has a good but basic Help file Well packaged and looks up market Quick to connect Good price
Cons:
I could find no sign of the mini SD card port SMS would not work for me to either send or receive Hard to read and badly laid out list of preset network settings No UK T Mobile preset built in
Other:
I needed an mobile network modem to use as a backup on my dual mode router and to use when out and about. I wanted an unlocked one so I could take advantage of any of the many PAYG deals we seem to be offered here in the UK. This modem does the job well.
Bottomline:
It works and works well for the internet but for me at least it will not send or receive SMS messages nor react to incoming calls. I could not find any mini SD port (but that may just be me)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections