DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5" TFT LCD 1/4 CMOS 300K Pixel Vehicle Mount Video Recorder/Camcorder w/ SD/MMC Slot (120 Degree)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
not bad. does what it says. BUT........ – 2.5" TFT LCD 1/4 CMOS 300K Pixel Vehicle Mount Video Recorder/Camcorder w/ SD/MMC Slot (120 Degree) Reviews

posted by EZ1976 on 04/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
it is very easy to mount, setup and work the options (didnt have to read the manual at all). when connected to the lighter, it starts right away when receives power (and starts recording within 15-20 sec). long power cable allowed me to mount it and have the cable go all around the car. nice wide angle - it gets on screen the whole view.
Cons:
at night, on the highest resolution, still cannot see the license plate on the car in front of me. doesnt have any IR leds so it shoots crappy at night. mounted it on the windshield. had to reset the device twice because it got overheated from direct sunlight and stopped working until it cooled off. had to re position it to a cooler position.
Other:
for the price it cost, it is way above what i was expecting. it doesnt have any internal storage so keep in mind you will need an SD card for it (8gb card can hold up to 3 hours of driving in high res)
Bottomline:
buy it. it may one time save you in case of an accident or someone jumps on the road.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections