Needed! – 4-Port USB HUB with SD Card Reader for PS3 SLIM Reviews
posted by gutterball on 04/11/2011
Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- Works on 3.60 firmware!!
- Provides 2 more needed USB ports and an SD card reader.
- Fit is snug and colour matches.
- Buzz sensor, Move camera, Singstar Mics and a charge cord all worked at the same time!!
- It's a snug fit, so I wouldn't suggest taking it off and putting it back on too many times.
- It is working on 3.60 firmware, but who knows what future firmware will do to this hub.
- I was leary about getting this since the new Sony TOS forbids anyone from using 3rd party equipment with some pretty serious consequences if you do and I wasn't sure if the 3.60 firmware disables 3rd party hubs. But with all that being said, WTF was Sony thinking only putting TWO USB slots on the PS3?!?! Anyway, this is working nicely on both my PS3's on 3.60 firmware. I will be buying another one so I don't have to move this around.
I'm getting another one for myself and another one for my buddy.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.