DX  » Community » Reviews » Eastward YJ J09 Cree XP-E-R3 4-Mode 240-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (1*AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 3
Has potential – Eastward YJ J09 Cree XP-E-R3 4-Mode 240-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (1*AA) Reviews

posted by old4570 on 12/18/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Well anodized Nicely cut threads No battery slop Very nice clip , sturdy .
Cons:
Tail clicky is recessed to deep , will not thumb activate . Reflector + lens were lose Pill glued Clicky switch is low quality Every time you turn it on , output is a lottery . Contact issues On mine the Star was poorly mounted - heatsinked .. Driver was lose in pill Pill was not correctly set to hold reflector and lens in place Very variable output = I measure in the light box anything from 130L to 190L when switching the light on high ..
Other:
The driver seems very sensitive to resistance , and putting my multimeter to the tail to measure current just gave me different readings every time .. Also by bypassing the tail clicky and connecting the battery directly to the body , output was an amazing 250L .. The sample a got has problems ... On mine the pill was not screwed in fully , so once the pill was re-soldered etc and screwed in correctly the body tube would not make contact [ possible reason for pill not being screwed in ? ] so I had to put some solder on the neg part of the board so that the body tube could make contact . It still has contact issues [ from day 1 ] and looks to need more problem solving
Bottomline:
DX shipped me the 3mode when I ordered the 4 mode , everyone who ordered the 4 mode seems to be getting 3 mode .... DX , is there a 4 mode ? This light might be a worthwhile purchase some time in the future when its sorted out [ one hopes ] , for now it remains a regretful purchase [ buyers remorse ]

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections