DX  » Community » Reviews » Portable 3G/HSDPA/HSUPA/W-CDMA 1X/EVDO/TD-SCDMA USB WIFI Wireless Broadband Router - White
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 4
Nice product! – Portable 3G/HSDPA/HSUPA/W-CDMA 1X/EVDO/TD-SCDMA USB WIFI Wireless Broadband Router - White Reviews

posted by deciero on 10/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
It´s really small and has good build quality. Easy to config, boots fast and works for up to 4 hours of intense use with more than one device conneted. It´s also surprisingly stable.
Cons:
The USB connection for the 3G modem is on the top, which is not the best design for a portable product.
Other:
SKU 71709 is compatible with WCDMA, and SKU 47648 is compatible with HSDPA/HSUPDA. I´m using HSDPA, so I chose 47648. When the part arrived, I noticed that it was the wrong one, compatible with WCDMA only. Just out of curiosity, I plugged the HSDPA modem on the router and after some configs it worked like a charm! It can also be used as a conventional wireless router. It has one ethernet interface that can be used to connect a end device, or it can be switched to a WAN port, so you can connect an ADSL/Cable modem and share the connection using wireless.
Bottomline:
Cheap and good. I recommend.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections