DX  » Community » Reviews » Mini 60X Microscope with 2-LED Illumination + Currency Detecting UV Light (3*LR1130)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great cheap microscope – Mini 60X Microscope with 2-LED Illumination + Currency Detecting UV Light (3*LR1130) Reviews

posted by chikkenstorm on 02/21/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- Fun to play with: I bought this to look at my plants, but I've been using it to look at random stuff as well. Your skin, a table, printed paper or you tv. You name it and it looks much more interesting in close-up.
- Lens is very good: yes, it's not perfect (objects not in the center can get blurry), but what do you expect for this price? Objects in the center of the lens are displayed very nicely and that's good enough.
- Build quality of the microscope: It's metal and it has a plastic ring around the lens itself, which helps you focus on the object and makes it a lot harder to damage the lens.
- The LED's are very bright, although you won't need them in a well-lit area.
- Pouch: Simple but very effective at protecting your microscope, so the lens doesn't get scratched.
- Cheap!
Cons:
- Build quality of LED-holder: it's plastic and feels a bit cheap. It can be rotated a tiny bit but you have to use quite some force.
Other:
- Lens can be pulled up, but this is useless as it only brings the object out of focus. You would need to bring the object closer (inside the lensholder itself) to be able to view it.
Bottomline:
It's a great cheap toy, much better quality than you would expect for this price. Kids will probably love it, so make sure to get them one! And then get one for yourself as well, since it's great for non-kids too.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections