DX  » Community » Reviews » External 5.1 Channel USB 2.0 Optical Fiber Sound Card Audio Adapter
Sort by:
7 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:433 (43%)
  • 4 Star:292 (29%)
  • 3 Star:292 (29%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It is linux compatible

posted by cslev on 11/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It is smaller than I expected :) it is like a bigger usb hub connected to my docking station! Compatible with linux - the only thing you have to enable in your kernel is usb devices, and there only the simple USB Audio/MIDI driver! It could be compiled as ...
    Cons:
    sometimes it sounds a bit noisy at first time, but then it suddenly goes away :)
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 2
    • Quality: 2
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A little expense but gets the job done

posted by renatoriolino on 11/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Have 5.1 analog output and digital (optical) input / output. Great for using your laptop as a media center without a receiver. I've build a XBMC media center on a Core2Duo with Intel GPU laptop. As I don't own a receiver yet to decode the 5.1 audio from d...
    Cons:
    Build quality is not good. When I received it was not working (it kept connecting and disconnecting from USB). Later I found t...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great sound card for laptops

posted by guiditoito on 11/22/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It is easy to use as it's USB and comes with the drivers. I'm using it to play movies on my laptop and outpud dolby/ac3 via the optical output. it works great!!
    Cons:
    it doesn't support DTS. I think it's a bit bad because there are a lot of movies that come with that format and with this you c...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful little sound card

posted by nachov136 on 03/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Small, ligth, easy to use. In the miniCD where the drivers come it states that it supports up to Vista, but I installed it on W7 and works perfectly. It comes with its self little program to control the speakers configuration (ambient, volume, equalizer)
    Cons:
    The input holes are so close together that the plastic casing of the jacks are in contact and it worries me that it may create ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Amazing

posted by scottyboy420 on 02/27/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -Good build Quality -English drivers cd (open cd manualy and pick your operating system to install correct drivers) -Comes with nice little audio program -Can alter DB+ boost to selected speakers. -Bones 7.1 virtual surround sound suit
    Cons:
    -auto exe on startup installed wrong drivers the first time, had to manualy go into the mini cd and use the windows 7 exe and ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome!

posted by apedron on 10/20/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Really easy to conect, great build quallity, it does what it says, 5.1 analog channels and SPDIF in/out, also de extra mic in + line in connectors are really usefull!
    Cons:
    It's not really plug&play for Mac, it took me a while to figure out how to make it work
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Signal is too weak for headphones

posted by bardy on 02/08/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Sound quality is good. - Have front, rear and bass outputs - Line in input - Mic input - Digital output - Simple mini-USB connection (cable included) - Nice driver and utilities for Windows
    Cons:
    - When more than one output is in use (i.e. 4, 5, 5.1 or 4.1 configuration) the device does not drive enough gain to headphones...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections