DX  » Community » Reviews » External 5.1 Channel USB 2.0 Optical Fiber Sound Card Audio Adapter
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 2
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
A little expense but gets the job done – External 5.1 Channel USB 2.0 Optical Fiber Sound Card Audio Adapter Reviews

posted by renatoriolino on 11/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Have 5.1 analog output and digital (optical) input / output. Great for using your laptop as a media center without a receiver. I've build a XBMC media center on a Core2Duo with Intel GPU laptop. As I don't own a receiver yet to decode the 5.1 audio from digital signal on HDMI, I'm using the laptop to decode the audio and output it to the analogs outputs.
Cons:
Build quality is not good. When I received it was not working (it kept connecting and disconnecting from USB). Later I found that it had some bad solders on it's circuit. I remade the solders and now it working 100%.
Other:
Very good solution if you have a laptop that can't output optical digital signal OR 5.1 analog audio. If you own a PC with a free PCI slot you will probably find better (and cheapers) PCI audio cards.
Bottomline:
Buy if you want 5.1 analog out or optical digital audio on your laptop.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections