DX  » Community » Reviews » Wifly-City 1500mW High Power 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Wireless Network Dongle with Dual Antenna
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Cheap and good product. – Wifly-City 1500mW High Power 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Wireless Network Dongle with Dual Antenna Reviews

posted by alfrep on 01/22/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
- Very cheap. - Signal strength is very good for a normal user, I see double wifi signals than with my laptop wifi. - Installation in Windows XP or Windows 7 was very easy. - No need for drivers, but you can download drivers and a program to see the available wifi, etc. from the manufacturer internet site. - It is very light.
Cons:
- I do not understand why 2 antennas. - Although both antennas work OK, they only work on ONE connector. None of the antennas work in the other connector. So it works the same and signal strenght is the same with two or one antenna, as long as the working connector has an antenna. - Software CD is not useful at all for me. I do not want to hack nobody's signal.
Other:
Bottomline:
I do not know if it is me that do not understand, but only one antenna seems to work (read Cons).

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections