DX  » Community » Reviews » Vertical External Battery Grip for Canon EOS/550D DSLR
Sort by:
33 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7625 (76%)
  • 4 Star:155 (15%)
  • 3 Star:62 (6%)
  • 2 Star:31 (3%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

97% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very handy and useful. Good value for money.

posted by yeyem on 11/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Used in a Canon EOS 600D, it works really well. Double the battery life in your camera. Very good grip and fairly reliable materials. If you run out of batteries, change the attachment and you put AA batteries.
    Cons:
    Over time we have to see if the thread breaks sooner than expected. The same would happen with the closing of the batteries and...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great battery grip!

posted by Rebecka95 on 10/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    First of all, this item is really cheap and the quality is great!!The battery grip are extremely easy to carry and i like the way you can choose to use AA batterys or the camera battery!
    Cons:
    I have not detection any bad about this product yet but i do not think i will either! :-)
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    THE best and cheapest ext. battery grip!

posted by SamuelRedjono on 08/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The first thing is the build quality. It is almost like the original battery grip made from Canon. My neighbour has the original ons from Canon and I compared them. The rubber for your hand is the same rubber that's on your camera and it stays on it very ...
    Cons:
    The buttons on the grip are like the buttons on your camera (the select buttons) and they are not like buttons which are on you...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good value for the price

posted by UncleScrooge on 05/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The product works and it has good value for the price. I bought this for Canon EOS 600D, just to say it fits more camera models than the title says (550D). Some negative sides exist, but again, I'm judging this with value vs. price. I have also an older o...
    Cons:
    The threads in screw hole at grip's underside start just a bit deeper than they should. 1 or 2 millimeters without thread there...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good grip, not too useful though

posted by robtonnie on 04/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good, solid grip with no fuss. Looks like real Canon deal with corrrect (blue) color of icons and well-desinged buttons and dials Autofocus and ISO dials work perfect as do the zoom buttons
    Cons:
    Makes the camera much larger with only limited extra battery capacity Only usable with another battery (can be found here on de...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    You never take it off

posted by gopavato on 04/18/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Solid build. Rubberized grip is well attached. Metal frame on the inside is well cut. Feels like the part came off the same assembly line as the original grip. Buttons work ok. Construção sólida. Partes com aplicações em borracha.
    Cons:
    The switch problem with LI-ION tray, which takes less than a minute to fix, thanks to the forum posts. Metal connectors on the ...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great, nice looking alternative

posted by mcguier on 03/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I'm really happy with the purchase because it saved a lot of money for me. Here in Russia the original external grip would cost me about 4 times more that this one. All the buttons works properly and do the functions they intended for.
    Cons:
    The quality of rubber grip and icon prints is lower than one's on Canon 600D. Grip is a little bit slick and feels plastic.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Is there a difference between the original?

posted by LucSevriens on 02/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    In one word "Wow"! Amazing extra addition for your camera experience! If someone can give me the difference between the very expensive one from Canon or this cheaper one, please explain. It works great with the 2 battery-packs, the one with the ba...
    Cons:
    No cons till today found.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect for my Canon 550D -fits perctly

posted by rsskalle on 02/12/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It fit perfect, all buttons working properly, not an cheap china plastic feeling. it makes my camera look and feel a lot better, nice handling and easy battery change (fits 2 batteries) and i comes with and battery draw for placing 6 x AA batteries. works p...
    Cons:
    can't find any.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    GREAT PRODUCT

posted by garyseferian on 01/28/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    very easy to use,you never have to worry about losing battery power.if your LP-E8s are dead,get some AAs and you 're back in business.Took over 600 shots with flash with 2 fully charged Li batteries.
    Cons:
    no real cons ,maybe could use a little thicker/heavier plastic for the body and the battery holders.Locking clips can be made ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections