Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Very good quality lens, made of glass
- positive locks for closed, open with light off, and open with light on
- Light is bright and even, good coverage for the viewable area
- Includes batteries, which should last quite long with intermittent use
- Durable plastic, would stand up to being tossed into a tool bag when closed.
- Focal length is around 20mm, a comfortable distance for most applications.
- Not 45X magnification, as claimed. Probably somewhere around 10X, maybe 15X max.
- Needs to be disassembled to change batteries. My first attempt resulted in pieces flying everywhere. Reassembly was a bit tricky as I did not know where everything went right away. Once you've gone through it once, it should be easier. On the bright side, with occasional use the batteries should last quite long. The manual also details how to change batteries, and includes an exploded view for reference.
A very nice pocket magnifier, even if not 45X. realistically, 45X would not be that useful handheld anyway. Definitely worth it for electronics, watch, and jewelery applications.
Go for it if you need a good illuminated pocket magnifier. If you absolutely need 45X magnification, look elsewhere.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.