DX  » Community » Reviews » Wilderness Survival Fire Sparkle Flint + Opener + Sawtooth + Map Rangefinder + Compass (Black)
Sort by:
13 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:628 (62%)
  • 4 Star:385 (38%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice

posted by cesarmsf on 08/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Good quality in both itens of my four itens purchase, nice materials, very impressed with the overall quality of the products. The blade came very Sharp and has a nice handle, the sparkle flint was a first... it took me 4..5 movements to finally be able to ...
    Cons:
    still nothing bad about it. The previous blade i bought has a much smother oppening.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A good tool for traveling in nature

posted by dewittea on 05/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    1st thing was the surprise to have any instruction. After 2 tentatives to have a reaction, I tried to rub the blade against the central rod and I had sparks. Compass is small and needs to be straight to move freely but the direction is good to my surprise....
    Cons:
    The missing instruction create trouble if you not look the review of users.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good for the money

posted by Slabev on 02/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The product come with long chain which is very useful for me. The sparks are not so easy to create if you don't understand how to make them. The compass is not so good in quality but it does the work it made to do. Very practical thing in this gadget is bo...
    Cons:
    The fire starting part only have very limited usage because there is small amount of fire starting material.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect

posted by 2012freerange2012 on 02/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Absolutely perfect, does exactly what it should. Throw's the spark into the direction you want and is easily stored or worn, good for the tracker or outdoors person who wants something that will do as it should.
    Cons:
    Compass is a bit cheap but it does if fact work.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Quality!!

posted by Kriegsjunkie on 02/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The Quality of the Carrier is MUCH better than I would have expected, it could easily be used as a Kubotan, for self-defense. The Chain is way longer than it appears, easily 70 cm, and it also looks like it take a punch.
    Cons:
    The compass... Well it spins a bit and is betted in fluid, but somehow it never points in the same direction.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good big firestarter

posted by Gizmobig on 02/04/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Its a simple product but it has a great look, the fire starter works very good, if you put enough pressure on it. Sparkles that come of will glow a short time while laying on the ground without tinder. Also you can protect it from damage by screwing the gau...
    Cons:
    Its a bit big, and the compass is not very usefull, mine points NW. Also the paint might come off.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fantastic Survival kit

posted by davincho84 on 07/09/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It´s great. I love this flint. beauty and good quality built materials, good size, easy to hold and use it. the compass works fine. easy to use, not problems to make sparks. I think its worth the money. - The cable has enough lenght to get lots of sparkle ...
    Cons:
    no cons, I really like this product. I could not find anything of problem works really well. a very good buy for that amount of...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fantastic Survival Fire Starter

posted by jpedra on 03/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    easy to use, not problems to make sparks, good build quality iit is build in aluminium, good size, and the product look better phisicaly that picture
    Cons:
    none i´m satisfied w/ the product but the compass is exposed to get damage it dropp and it must to have integrated a o rin...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    mazing kit!

posted by lordvellos on 11/08/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    amazing flints! this baby is awsome! good buid materials good size, easy to hold and use it sturdy - i am not a big fan of lightweghit stuff
    Cons:
    that compass is just for show! it does nothing just sits there! could use an oring to seal it better against dust or water but ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Product nide concept

posted by lordvellos on 09/13/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    sturdy/heavy - to me its is good but not much of a pocket size and weight the case is a really good idea, could use some kind of a seal to avoid water, but i manage that myself.
    Cons:
    that compass is meaningless.. better of without it could change it for a red led or something as a emergency locator or a tiny ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections