DX  » Community » Reviews » Rugged Camouflage Slingshot Launcher with Five Steel Balls
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 1
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 1
  • Usefulness: 2
Seems to be missing parts to hold rubbers in place – Rugged Camouflage Slingshot Launcher with Five Steel Balls Reviews

posted by FlyGuy007 on 01/11/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Well unless I figure out a safe way to secure the rubber to the slingshot it will only make a good paperweight. The construction is OK I guess except for the missing pcs.
Cons:
There is just no way to attach the rubbers to the frame. It appears that the sling has beveled holders for the rubbers which leads me to think there should be some sort of matching insert that goes inside the rubber and which fixes the rubbers in place on the sling. But no such parts were included so there is no safe way to attach the rubbers. I tried knotting them but got a nasty slap in the face when one slipped through the hole in the frame. Without something to hold the rubber in place it's useless.
Other:
At this price it's actually about the same price as WallMart but the WallMart one is far superior for the same price
Bottomline:
Missing parts or worse just a very bad design. Useless as a slingshot with the buyer making some mods to make it work, and I caution you to be careful as it hurts when these rubbers come loose!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections