DX  » Community » Reviews » Metal Oil Lighter (Black)
Sort by:
26 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6918 (69%)
  • 4 Star:318 (31%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works fine, build quality not so good.

posted by ownager on 02/19/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Price is really cheap vs. real Zippo's, 10x cheaper at least here at Finland. The Zippo "click" sound is just really cool. You can do Zippo tricks with this product. Looks pretty cool when brand new.
    Cons:
    After few days of medium use, i dont even smoke, the paint did start to get off the lighter. At the moment about 1/3 of paint h...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    elegant little lighter

posted by ainsus on 02/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The build quality seems to be reasonably good, heavy handling (dropping, pounding, ..) will cause small pieces of the coating to come off however. There is a considerable wick reserve in length inside the ligher.
    Cons:
    It smells a lot. For the first three days after I filled it, I had to keep it sealed in a small plastic bag because the gasolin...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice lighter!

posted by Guidje on 02/11/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - The Price!!! It's very cheap!!! - It looks real great. The color and the texture of the painting is just great!!! - The sound of opening the "claquet" is really cool!!! - You can do Zippo tricks with it...
    Cons:
    - Painting tend to scratch easily. - The duration of the stone that came with was short than I expected. But it's cheap to buy ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    metal oil lighter

posted by colombe on 01/25/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    + very nice color +nice sound we compared it to a zippo and allmost the same sound +cheap +works like charm
    Cons:
    -the paint breaks when you open and close it manytimes i have owned it for 2months and only small bits have dropped not mutch b...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Buy it!!

posted by Vandall on 10/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    ITS MATT BLACK!!! Cheap. Has a great quality look to it. Look really cool. My friends were all crazy about it. Everyone of them wanted to get their hands on it. It has got that nice clicking sound to it when opening or closing its lid. Comes with a casing....
    Cons:
    The matt black coating of this lighter tends to get scratched off easily. Borrowed it to many friends and got back badly scratc...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great

posted by vladootz on 07/11/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The lighter looks great. It is a matte black. Although the pictures show it like having something sparkling on it, it is matte black. Looks really good, it has a rough feel and seems it will not slip out of your hand. It looks exactly the same as a Zippo Li...
    Cons:
    I think the only con for this lighter is the price. It could be cheaper, but other than that no con for me.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    extreme deal

posted by Leon43 on 06/14/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    its very well priced much cheaper than a zippo , good quality ive got a few similar ones and none have broken , the black looks great and is painted very well compared to the red one i brought in which the paint is coming off
    Cons:
    none really except that everyone i know wants me to get them one 'p
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Zippo

posted by Ringgo on 05/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    -Cheap! -Easy to use -Works with all the Zippo tricks I know! -As good as a genuine Zippo -Takes almost any lighter fluid -Nice black textured colour
    Cons:
    -Instructions were not in English -Hinge looks a little weak
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    JustLikeZippo

posted by Thomasxd on 04/30/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This is a very nice lighter -Its grippy so you dont lose it og throw it away when making tricks -Its a nice colour -The wick is non-used -In my country(Denmark) a real Zippo cost mostly 250-300 DKK and this one cost 30 DKK -It's not losing fluid like o...
    Cons:
    -2 weeks shipping. - no life warranty like real Zippos (these aren't really cons because you can get 12 of them instead of on...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great oil lighter

posted by Mariner156 on 02/26/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It is a great knock off Zippo. It looks and works just like a Zippo. Zippo brand flints and wicks will work in it. It has a great textured finish. the finish makes it easy to hold on to. You cant tell that it is not a Zippo without looking at the bottom. Th...
    Cons:
    None really other that the hinge is getting loose.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections