DX  » Community » Reviews » Automatic Fish Feeder with Digital Timer (2*AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
this is a great feeder – Automatic Fish Feeder with Digital Timer (2*AA) Reviews

posted by roeeitz on 12/22/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
- This is a great feeder, I got it today and I understand how to get it work but I bought it for my dad couse he own the fish tanks so his kind of getting use to it' but im sure he will get use to it in a couple of day! one pro of this is that it cost 11 bucks and it was very cheap but now it cost almost 22 bucks which is very high price if you compare the first price! the numbers are pretty big and the adjusting of feed time is easy, it took me like 5 minutes to understant how to get it work with the real time but i did it. - It maid by plastic but it feel pretty steel and resistant! - It looked bigger for me in the picture but it is pretty small and convenient! - The adjusting grip can be adjusted very good, from little amout of food to large amount of food which is very important!
Cons:
- The untie where you should put the food look a little bit small but you have 2 options of putting the food: one where the food is droping and one is the small one next to the connection between the device and the food holder. both of them are pretty small... - All the times are vanish when you pull the battery cover out and its kind of annoying to adjust the time and the feed time every time the batterys are out of work and you need to switch them! - one of the feeder (I bought 3!) have little problem in the rotating of the food container which is it look kind of slow and stuck and the sometimes the cover where the food is droped to the fish is get stuck so the food might not drop out to the fishes...!
Other:
The rotating time is not so ling but I saw faster feeders. It is also very silent compare to other automatic fish feeders which can be pro and con cause the fish getting use to the sound of the rotation and they understand that its food time and with this feeder they wouldn't know when the food come and they might not notice that lol!!!!
Bottomline:
Its a great feeder, very silent and convenient. For some people it will take a little bit time to get use to it and know how it work and how to get it work but it is not so hard to know how to work with this! Its look kind of cheap maid but it feel a little bit harder and resistance and I hope the food won't get wet from the vaporized water who comes out of the fish tank to the feeder and will make the food be dry and like a dough!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections