DX  » Community » Reviews » Automatic Fish Feeder with Digital Timer (2*AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Not only for fish – Automatic Fish Feeder with Digital Timer (2*AA) Reviews

posted by Inits on 02/02/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
First, the price of this feeder is in limits for what I would pay for it, not so expensive like the other feeders from pet stores. I like the design, it's very simple, no complex mechanics inside. The food container is large enough to hold at least for 2-3 weeks of food for my turtle. The tray dispenses also pellets if you set it to right position and amount it dispenses is roughly the same every time it works. Also nice thing is that it came with working batteries!
Cons:
The manual came in Chinese only, so setting this device was an experimental venture. Luckily, there is a link for the English manual in the forum below, so you don't have to spend time figuring it out and worry if the pets are going to be fed while you are at work. The motor is not strong, If you put too much food inside, it will struggle to rotate.
Other:
I like that you can also use other sort of food other than flakes. I hope that batteries hold more than a month.
Bottomline:
If you are not at home every day, then I would recommend to buy a feeder for your aquarium pets.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections