DX  » Community » Reviews » Universal 12-Holes Guitar Pickup - Black + Silver (290-Cable Length)
Sort by:
17 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8214 (82%)
  • 4 Star:183 (18%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    GOOD BUT..

posted by hcunhaa on 05/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    VERY GOOD SOUND ON ACOUSTIC STEEL GUITAR, YOU DONT NEED TU PUT A LOT OF GAIN TO HAVE A NICE SOUND, YOU BE QUITE HAPPY WITH THE EASY OF USE. JUST PUT ON GUITAR AND PLUG INTO A AMPLIFIER AND PLAY DE BLUES!
    Cons:
    NOT THAT GOOD ON NYLON STRINGS. YOU NEED TO PUT A BIGGER GAIN ON AMPLIFIER, SO IT WILL HAVE SOME NOISE, I THINK IT'S IMPOSSIBLE...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Product

posted by rsmacaalay on 05/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    As advertised, good quality material. Did not expect this would be made out of metal but it is. This thing is heavy and feels really solid. At first I thought it would sound really bad but to my surprise it sounds good as well. This product is a steal.
    Cons:
    nothing I can think of, it works great
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great stuff for the price

posted by honzikec on 04/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It was very easy to attach to my 12string guitar and the sound is very fair. It is not excellent but it's far better than I expected for the money.
    Cons:
    No cons so far.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Easy way of connecting your acoustic guitar to an amplifier

posted by Jovenord on 04/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This microphone provides an easy way of connecting your acoustic guitar to a standard guitar amplifier. The microphone is easy to mount on any standard acoustic guitar and can be mounted/dismouted repetively without harming your guitar. The clip may need t...
    Cons:
    There are many holes in the pickup but probably only one microphone within the housing. The cardboard box was in poor condition...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great for a clean sound

posted by bitas on 02/06/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    cheap, good and strong material not only for the pick but the wire. great clean sound i use with an acoustic guitar and a marshall gmx15 ....fantastic sound
    Cons:
    a little difficult to install.... the package not was very good the pick does not soud very good in a overdriven channel ...of ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice acoustic guitar pickup

posted by lordzamiel on 02/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very easy to install, just slide the clip on one side into the soundhole, then the other clip rotates into place when you're ready. It's lightweight, and doesn't take any modification to your guitar to install, and seems to work well even though I put clea...
    Cons:
    The cable is a bit thin. It didn't seem to affect performance, but I'd be happier with a thicker one. There is no kind of str...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Universal 12 Hole Guitar Pick up

posted by Talway on 01/31/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Well built with a metal body. great price. The sound was amazing from this pick up. The unit itself has a good weight to it. Very quick and easy to install. The clips on the edge are foam covered so as not to scratch the body of the guitar. It holds f...
    Cons:
    No down side for me other than I would like this pick up to come with a longer cord. The cord that it has is quite long but I ...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    not what I expected

posted by reusjep on 10/18/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This is universal pickup is easy to attach, the housing feels very solid and the cable is of good quality. It looks realistic.
    Cons:
    The device is fitted with a microphone, which I tested by blowing over the holes. When attached to my amplifier I have to play ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Simple and good

posted by Rimmaa on 09/21/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I didn't expect this pickup to be so good. The main advantage of the product is really great sound. Also, the device is rather durable and of good quality. It is easily fastened on the guitar. It is the best way to easily transforn your acoustic guita...
    Cons:
    Wish the package were stronger. Thin cardboard was crushed during the transportation.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I'll never buy another acoustic pickup.

posted by rjamie on 07/12/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Great sound, not glassy, distorted, or unbalanced. Solid build, incredibly easy to install, and at least as good as a $50 pickup. I'm really impressed. Even through a standard amp, it doesn't have that awful electric-acoustic tone. (Note: I use medium-gauge...
    Cons:
    Doesn't come with a carrying case? Not a big deal, because it's solid metal.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections