DX  » Community » Reviews » Universal 12-Holes Guitar Pickup - Black + Silver (290-Cable Length)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
A very pleasant surprise! – Universal 12-Holes Guitar Pickup - Black + Silver (290-Cable Length) Reviews

posted by Lightfan99 on 01/31/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Good price! Good design and Solid build. Felt pads on the outer guitar metal 'clips helped prevent damage to the outer guitar surface. Seems to work okay!
Cons:
Not really a 'con', but some advice about a difficult with installation. I used this on an old classical guitar, and though the size of the pickup unit was suitable for installing, the metal clips were too close together. So, I had to spread them apart slightly to be able to fit it on my guitar. Since this works on a classical guitar with nylon strings, the pickup must not be magnetic --- but, most likely a single microphone in the unit. I'm just a beginner, and I'm really interested in just having a bit of fun with it for now --- so that's not a problem for me. But, it might make a difference for somebody wanting to get professional quality sound in a formal performance setting.
Other:
Once it's on the guitar, it's a bit difficult to remove; and, you have to be very careful --- so that you don't damage the guitar. The amplified sound that it produced for me was not too impressive; but, I think that the reason for that was more likely a substandard amp than the quality of the pickup.
Bottomline:
Check out the reviews of more experienced guitar players regard sound quality, before making your decision on whether this is suitable for your needs.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections