DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire K10 CREE XPE R5 6-Mode 350-Lumen LED Flashlight with Strap (1*AA/1*14500)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Nice 14500 flashlight – UltraFire K10 CREE XPE R5 6-Mode 350-Lumen LED Flashlight with Strap (1*AA/1*14500) Reviews

posted by starleaf on 12/22/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
I just received one 6 mode today, 2 weeks after ordering. The flashlight came wrapped in plastic but without any damages from transportation. The build quality is quite OK, you can see some shallow traces in the surface, coming from the mill used machining it. However, the overall build quality seems fine. It had a small spot in the reflector but it's so small it doesn't matter. The clicky is firm, and you only have to press it with a small amount of pressure to change the modes. Threads and o-rings are also good. I don't know how many lumen it could be, but it throws out much light for sure and it's very bright especially running a 3.7V battery. I compared the light output with the Ultrafire C3 using both an ordinary 1.5V and a 3.7V battery. The 3.7V battery used was a protected 14500, and it fits OK. The K10 was a bit brighter with both types of battery. I haven't measured but it looks a bit brighter. The beam of the K10 is a bit less focused and has a wider bright spot and more spill than the C3 with the Q5 led. I couldn't observe any tint in colour. The beam of the C3 actually looked more purple / bluish compared to the K10 R5. (I haven't thought about that the C3 had any tint before the K10 arrived)
Cons:
Switching back from using a 3.7V battery, to an ordinary 1.5V battery again, the flashlight didn't work no more! It still works using 3.7V batteries though. I must have toasted the driver or something. Regarding the modes, it has a mode memory but you have to wait for around a minute when you shut it off, or it will pass on to the next mode. (In opposite to the Ultrafire C3 which only needs a couple of sec, and works fine with both 1.5V and 3.7V batteries by the way).
Other:
If I could have this flashlight with the same driver and modes as the Ultrafire C3 I would be pleased.
Bottomline:
K10 is an okey flashlight if you can live with using rechargeable batteries (or stick with 1.5V and lower light output, and never try higher voltages since you toast the driver then)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections