DX  » Community » Reviews » Vintage Glass Ball Manual-Winding Mechanical Pocket Watch
Sort by:
5 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:804 (80%)
  • 4 Star:201 (20%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    pretty, small, keeps time

posted by Cymond on 04/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It looks very nice, and is fun to play with the spinning watch. I took the little dangle off the bottom so it can spin all the way around. I used this on vacation (no electronics on an airplane) and it seemed to be accurate.
    Cons:
    none, except for some silly markings. It works well, but I don't know how long it will last.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice necklace/pocket watch.

posted by Tralornik on 02/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Nice quality Glass crystal Magnification of glass is very helpful Fair accuracy, needs to be woumd daily so accuracy is about as good as you'd really need. Might be off a minute every few days, but not a big deal (to me at least). Mechanical... no dead bat...
    Cons:
    Quite small, but glass helps Runs about 18 hours on a full wind Strap is very plastic-y Excellent price
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very, very strange and funny watch

posted by maquinalla on 10/19/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is a very special watch. If you want to do a surprise and original gift, buy it. it have the appearence of an antique clock. It has a little bell and a imitation leather cord to wear it as a necklace. You can see the mechanism spinning through the gl...
    Cons:
    none if you like vintage things
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Beautiful, but not very usable as watch

posted by Eliram on 10/02/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Beautiful and unique - Draws attention and questions - Lovely view of the inner mechanics - Kids love it too.
    Cons:
    - Watch is not accurate event when you remember to wind it every day. Lost about 10 minutes every day. - Second watch I got sto...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    curiously odd...

posted by flashin on 01/03/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    ...wierd, strange, and goofy. but it's kind of cool too. well built. looks to have a 3 piece brass case with glass domed crystals front and back. it's almost completely round and about the size of those small super high bouncy balls you can buy in the gu...
    Cons:
    could be a dollar or two cheaper. or, leave the price alone and send a brass chain with it instead of the pleather cord.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections