DX  » Community » Reviews » Eastward YJ J01 CREE XM-L T6 3-Mode 900-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
My first impressions are great! – Eastward YJ J01 CREE XM-L T6 3-Mode 900-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650) Reviews

posted by arjantersteege on 01/23/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Well built body and head, good heat dispention. Throws well and has a lot of spill too. I normally walk my dog at night with a FlashMax X950 - 5xQ5wc and this light is almost as bright. It throws less but still lights up tree's at 100m.
Cons:
Switch modes are useless for me, the pro is that when you select the proper mode it always starts in that mode. The threads needed a bit of oil/grease The led wasn't perfectly aligned in the reflector
Other:
The best upgrade for this light would be a 2x18650 version, that one i would buy instantly.
Bottomline:
The Cree XLM T6 surprised me overall. I have several other lights (FlashMax X950, Ultrafire C8/C9, WF501B, Aurora WF-600 and this light until now is the overall winner for me. Lightweight, good balance while holding it and a good trow/spill combo for me.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections