DX  » Community » Reviews » Compact Retractable Male to Male RJ45 Ethernet LAN Cable - Blue (2.0M-Length)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Adequate performance not 100% – Compact Retractable Male to Male RJ45 Ethernet LAN Cable - Blue (2.0M-Length) Reviews

posted by WeejXL on 11/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Cheap, build quality is alright, the retractable/rewind button makes networking around my computer very neat
Cons:
The cable doesn't allow full speeds when it isn't fully pulled out. I don't get 100Mbps LAN speeds I only get 10Mbps - this happens randomly, I've noticed that I when I pull the cable out fully (2.0 meters) then I can get 100Mbps but only sometimes.
Other:
My reason for buying this was so that I didn't have to see ugly LAN wires all over the place - this would be great if I could only pull out and use just the wire I need and not the whole thing.
Bottomline:
Extremely cheap and neat solution to the standard LAN cable mess - however you may still need to pull out and use the whole length of cable which sort of defeats the purpose

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections