DX  » Community » Reviews » DVB-S Standalone Digital Satellite Receiver with LAN Port/RS232/YPrPb/CVBS/SPDIF
Sort by:
10 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:505 (50%)
  • 4 Star:505 (50%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great cheap reciever

posted by miki80 on 03/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    cheapest 518 that i could find including customs charges has built in power supply no need for power supply dangling at back of it like 500s on/off switch on back has digital audio output has 12v dc output to power a wifi bridge blue light in front panel th...
    Cons:
    screw holes on side of case were put together sloppy, and scratched, i took them out and put them in straight. power connector ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good relation price-quality

posted by ollupacre on 01/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Is a good clone of original DreamBox 500S. Don't hang up, good conectivity, and good quality. The remote controller is the same of original (I have both) but is lightly noisly (the buttons). The firmware is Enigma 1 and i hadn't problems with mbox and ke...
    Cons:
    I haven't trouble, its ok. Packing of manufacturer is little poor. Hasn't hdmi out a nd this is a little problem on modern tv...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Just great.

posted by Alberto1980 on 11/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It's great, i'm using with céu sat, got all channels, payperview and more. Have an website that you can manage configs, channels, channels grid MPG. Its possible to watch channels trough network with VLC player. Its also possible to record the channel ...
    Cons:
    It was my first time, I have advanced computer Knowledge, but it was very hard to configure. Internet have a lot of things to h...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 1
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    DVB-S Standalone or DB500s!!!!!

posted by ccardoso on 06/20/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This unit is widespread in Brazil, its low cost does not interfere with their good quality. Very good for to do IKS and SKS. Good image and I do not regret even a bit of purchase. You can buy without fear that has many things in forums in all world about th...
    Cons:
    I'm not!
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    PERFECT WITH MBOX

posted by angelonoro on 03/14/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Internal power supply Best signal with YPrPb Recording over CIFS mount works fine has 12v dc output (DM500 hasn't) It can be use with enigma 1 images Works great with mbox client It's a good sat clone satellite dreambox! cheapest 518 that i could find inclu...
    Cons:
    I can not be used with local card Audio not fix, sound level is low. No antenna out
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good for Gemini software.

posted by Gioxannes on 11/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to flash with Gemini software for key sharing. There is a lot of software available for this box. With Picture in Picture (PiP) it is capable of viewing 2 channels at the same time!
    Cons:
    Although there is a slot there is no card reader inside the box. It won't do high definition decoding, but I don't need that.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good value

posted by jokerbird on 09/22/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    works just like a dream. the one i received looks the same as in the pictures, but mine says 528-S on the box and the stb. otherwise everthing spec wise and look of it are the same. someone mentioned there was blue led light on the front to show network act...
    Cons:
    screw holes on side of case were put together sloppy, and scratched, i took them out and put them in straight. power connector ...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great low cost Receiver

posted by fgantoniazi on 07/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -Low cost receiver. -Perfect for CS. -Ethernet port. -Linux based system: You can add apps, manage via web interface, choose a more friendly firmware to you. -Streaming video over your home LAN. -Record video on a shared computer in LAN (Ngrab app). -...
    Cons:
    -No cons. The receiver looks great for this price =)
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    dreambox 518 good buy

posted by daithi55 on 04/20/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    cheapest 518 that i could find including customs charges has built in power supply no need for power supply dangling at back of it like 500s on/off switch on back has digital audio output has 12v dc output to power a wifi bridge blue light in front panel th...
    Cons:
    build quality is a little poor where ac cable plugs into box... it was lose on two boxes i bought so be careful when plugging i...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good overall product

posted by jmigb on 03/23/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -Price! -Construction! -Good satellite receiver.... good for it specific purpose.. ;) -All good with client/server functions -Fast and nice zapping -Great Disecq functioning -Easy to configure, dont need to be an expert... just a average user. -Buy i...
    Cons:
    Not an original.... but very nice clone! Beware of original Dreamelite images... choose a NON BOMB software... but if your buy...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections