DX  » Community » Reviews » 2W 9-SMD LED 126-Lumen 6500K White Dome Light (DC 12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Perfect for a burnt out dome light. – 2W 9-SMD LED 126-Lumen 6500K White Dome Light (DC 12V) Reviews

posted by madscienti11 on 01/12/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Replaced a burnt out dome light in a 1984 Toyota Tercel. Really bright, works well at night. Brighter than some other replacement dome lights here (I've only tried the ones with large SMD LEDs). Don't get a light with a whole bunch of 5mm LEDs, they aren't as good as these.
Cons:
No plug tips for different styles of light. My dome light was really broken anyway so I just replaced the entire module. switch and all.
Other:
Has resistors built in, no need to put them in yourself. Works well from 7-14V, brightness seems fairly linear to 12V, after that I'm a bit afraid of burning it out. The back isn't insulated so it can short against the metal body of the car, but a little electrical tape fixed that. You should know how to solder if you get this.
Bottomline:
Does what it says it does, good price (compared to others), get this if you have a car you don't think the other styles of light fittings will work in.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections