DX  » Community » Reviews » High Temperature Tape (10mm x 10m / 300-C)
Sort by:
24 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7117 (71%)
  • 4 Star:297 (29%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Roll of kapton tape with high temperature adhesive

posted by Perumal on 12/25/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Roll of high temperature kapton tape, with an adhesive which is stable at high temperature. Used to protect solder pads while undergoing the first pass of soldering, holds up well to the soldering cycle. Useful while prototyping, when multiple passes have...
    Cons:
    Needs an understanding of the technical issues involved in order to use it effectively.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works at 240 C with no problems

posted by 961sparky on 11/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    For lead free reflow work, this stuff works as advertised. I've ordered some of the other tape on DX and they tend to melt at 200-210 C and I was less than impressed. This stuff doesn't melt even at 240-250 C which is the temperature I set the rework statio...
    Cons:
    Doesn't seem to stick when it comes into contact with the rosen flux I use. The last roll I got had too much tape adhesive on ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good to isolate heat

posted by mf2forever on 10/19/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    i have got it and use it for many things. this tape is good for isolating circuit or cables that might be a problem when it hot and hotter. i test it by ironing this tape, and this tape still protect the cable or circuit. very nice tool to have
    Cons:
    just the glue. the tape glues was not strong enough to stick. i have to make more turn to do that
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very typical high-temp tape performs well

posted by fruzzetti on 11/10/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Withstands high temperatures in an automotive setting (under hood attached to a supercharger). Holds up against various solvents pretty well. Withstands SMD soldering temperatures.
    Cons:
    This type of tape is not useful if you plan to tear it like you would duct or cellophane tapes. Adhesive is typical of this kin...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent high quality tape

posted by OzTrev on 09/01/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    * The tape is heat resistant to 305C (tested with SMD hot air tool) * The quality of this tape is surprisingly good given the low price * The low price cannot be beaten!
    Cons:
    * The tape is sticky, but perhaps not quite as sticky as brand name tape which costs six to ten times more! Sticky enough though.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good stuff

posted by Artemiy84 on 05/31/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    small price. excellent high-temperature protective film. excellent performance is heated to a temperature above 280 degrees Celsius - all excellent, well-protected parts of the plastic surface of the chip
    Cons:
    None to date
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good temperature tape

posted by rugvlad on 05/21/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Basicaly what it does it "glues" something where you have high temperature. Make sure you don't go over 300 degrees C. It's very thin, and you have the impresion that it will hold a lifetime, and it does for me. I only use like 5 to 10 com at a se...
    Cons:
    -could use a better glue, falls of quicly, but after the job is done, maybe because of the high temperature, probably makes the...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best for this prize!!!

posted by AKobe on 02/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Excellent tape for an outstanding price. Withstands easily the high temperatures reached when doing SMD rework. You must have this tape if you are doing some DIY work. It's also a good insulator and serves for many purposes other than soldering.
    Cons:
    Maybe is not too extra sticky but it is OK.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    cheap, good, useful

posted by lukasandrysik on 01/11/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap product - in my local store very similar tape with very similar size is sold for 15USD! Good helper when operating with high temperatures - like when soldering to make "no solder zone" sticking it to some place. Saw this tape in notebooks an...
    Cons:
    Not extra sticky but it is OK. When exposed to very high temperatures, it catches flame and burn...but when something burns it ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap + good = best buy!

posted by talosds on 11/13/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Excellent kapton tape for an outstanding price. Withstands easily the high temperatures reached when doing SMD rework. It's also a good insulator and serves for many purposes other than soldering (e.g.: as a heat-resistant insulating material in devices tha...
    Cons:
    None that I can think of.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections