DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA USB 2.0 HDD Enclosure with Leather Pouch - Silver
Sort by:
63 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7547 (75%)
  • 4 Star:2516 (25%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product...

posted by rsebela on 01/07/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Dual USB (Y) cable for extra power if your hard drive draws more power - USB 2.0 interface, transfer speeds are good...
    Cons:
    A little hard to remove the disk but not imposible. The quality of the case did not seem like the best, you have to keep in min...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good enclosure for the price!

posted by RahzaDream on 12/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -Comes with a dual-headed USB cable for extra power if your hard drive draws more power - nice design - USB 2.0 interface, transfer speeds are good - very simple design
    Cons:
    -Does not accommodate 12mm thick drives. Will only allow for a max of 9.5mm sized HDD's. - No screws hold it closed, cover may ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice item my 2.5 hard disks

posted by chocorojas on 10/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Useful, good box to cover your hd, portable, usb capable, easy to install and use No drive is requested or any other tool It works right away the quality is very good, ideal for making your own external disk activity indicator light has connectivity and it...
    Cons:
    A little hard to remove the disk but not imposible Usb 2.0 is getting old for most scenarios in wich computers can handle files...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The best option for a low price

posted by joaopgsilva on 09/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This case seems the best option I could find in the site a the moment, a low price for a thing that works perfectly, When it arrived took me less than a minute to get it working.
    Cons:
    The only thing that I have to point is that it not seem to be very protective with the disk but with external drives the user m...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good for fixed locations

posted by dethpulp on 09/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Price: PERIOD Split usb cable: It uses 2 usb ports: taking more energy than other cases so it always have a steady energy input and old disks won't face slow-down peaks
    Cons:
    Usb 2.0 is getting old for most scenarios in wich computers can handle files way faster than this Case materials: the carcass ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Rocks

posted by pashte on 08/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Niuce look, cheap, light weight aluminium enclosure, HDD fits just fine. Simple installation, no tools required. I've assembly the enclosure in less than 2 minutes. I've buyed this enclosure to replace my last external hard drive and I'm very happy. its ...
    Cons:
    Has sharp edges, in order to use it correctly I have to sand the borders to make it more soft. The mini usb connection is hard...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It's attach and use!

posted by Sowee on 08/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This case is absolutely amazing. You just have to attach your HDD and plug it on. It works right away and needs no drivers modern OS. I've tried it with my Wii and WiiU and works great.
    Cons:
    The pouch is not very good. Wont protect the HDD as its too thin. The HDD slides off it too easily.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    second purchase of the same product

posted by fgmamoris on 06/28/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    While not a high-end product, the quality is very good, ideal for making your own external disk activity indicator light has connectivity and it is very easy to put together without previous knowledge advanced, easy to carry and comes with carry case, I can...
    Cons:
    The quality of the case did not seem like the best, you have to keep in mind that it is the best of all available on site dx.co...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as stated on specifications

posted by fran82 on 06/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It works perfectly on any 2.5 SATA harddisk. It has a LED to show data transfer. It has a 2 "head" USB conector to allow it to run the HDD on low power USB ports or old computers that dont give enough power to start the HDD. No screw desing, e...
    Cons:
    Single color LED. Earlier versions came with bicolor led, now is single color led. You can see in the photos. No insulation b...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great product

posted by emilyforthewin on 06/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    even an amateur can use this device.. very easy to use... the item arrived fast! at first i have to dissect my old broken laptop.. after the hardwork, i fit it into the enclosure with no difficulty at all... it also says some directions together with the en...
    Cons:
    no cons at all
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 7
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections