DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA USB 2.0 HDD Enclosure with Leather Pouch - Black
Sort by:
122 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8199 (81%)
  • 4 Star:1620 (16%)
  • 3 Star:22 (2%)
  • 2 Star:11 (1%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

99% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Well worth buying

posted by privatepile on 01/25/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    So easy to use simply plug and play. Great quality and a perfect fit. Ideal for pulling hard drives out of old laptops and using them as portable hard drives. The usb cable is long enough. Leather pouch is great to protect the HD from dust.
    Cons:
    I cant think of any cons for this item.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice enclosure and you get what you pay for

posted by phunjabi on 01/06/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I've been looking at external HDD enclosures for salvaging HDDs from old laptops. Bought three of these as price was more important for the style for my use. The cases work as expected, data thought-put is good.
    Cons:
    Build quality is a a bit low. Quality between the three cases I ordered were not similar. In one of them the HDD wouldn't fit g...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great enclosure for that price. Not the strongest build, but it works well.

posted by matteus87 on 11/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Cheap, very easy to use, HDD fits perfect, comes with leahterette pouch. USB-cable is good also. Perfect for minor use.
    Cons:
    Has not any secure screws, closes only with two clips. They work good, but case may open if dropped. Does not protect HDD very ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice item and cheapest

posted by chocorojas on 10/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Useful, good box to cover your hd, portable, usb capable, easy to install and use No drive is requested or any other tool It works right away and the quality is very good, ideal for making your own external disk activity indicator light has connectivity and...
    Cons:
    A little hard to remove the disk but not imposible Usb 2.0 is getting old for most scenarios in wich computers can handle files...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very cheap product

posted by PabloFGutierrez on 10/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Small and cheap, but surprisingly well made for the price. Also, quick and easy to disassemble, without tools. The included fake leather pouch, while cheap looking, is a nice touch.
    Cons:
    Some Hard disks dont work, maybe the circuit can not provide the neccesary power. The quality of the materials is not great. Sh...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very convinient

posted by spezek on 10/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very small enclosure, just barely larger than a 2.5" drive itself. No tools required. Comes with USB Y-Cable. Comes with a decent little faux-leather pouch. Durable metal construction.
    Cons:
    Comes with a pouch, but the pouch is only meant to hold the drive and not the USB cable. It'll fit, but it's clearly not suppos...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    another excellent value item

posted by rlw626 on 10/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    great little case for hard drives laying around , very compact, seems very sturdy , easy to use, plug and play, worked immediately with all of the hard drives I had laying around, fast data transfer from drives to main computer, pouch is average foe this ty...
    Cons:
    no cons really other than it wouldn't hurt to have a little longer cord on the unit in order to position the case on a shelf et...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Surprising quality for such a good price

posted by Grijan on 09/27/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Small, simple and cheap, but surprisingly well made for the price. That's what you get when you do a simple, no-nosense design. Also, quick and easy to disassemble, without tools. The included faux leather pouch, while cheap looking, is a nice touch.
    Cons:
    Sometimes, you have to fiddle with the circuit board's adhesive when removing or replacing the hard drive. Not a big problem, r...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    HDD Enclosure

posted by vg250 on 09/08/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Easy to pop new drive in, plug and play ready to go. Good value for the money.
    Cons:
    One of the sata HDDs was too thick for the caddy resulting in the case not closing correctly. The leather case was a bit tatte...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Really easy to use and cheap. Good quality.

posted by rpfpoa on 08/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The enclosure is really easy to install. I'm no expert in hardwares (actually far from it) and I could manage to install my HD into it with no trouble. It works perfectly and I am really satisfied with the purchase.
    Cons:
    The quality of the materials is not great, but I guess you don't need much more than that for an enclosure. Also the distance b...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 13
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections