DX  » Community » Reviews » Red LED Scrolling Message Display Board with Remote Control for Car (DC 12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Works well, bright, easy to use – Red LED Scrolling Message Display Board with Remote Control for Car (DC 12V) Reviews

posted by jwardell on 03/31/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
The size is actually larger than I expected, LEDs are bright and easy to read. Easily programmed. Physically just what I was looking for to put in my car window.
Cons:
Not quick to switch messages (and not in the instructions): Press RUN, then stored message number, then Enter. People see P:1 while you are doing this. I wish it just immediately displayed the message when you press their number.
The remote sensor is facing the same direction as the display, so on a window it won't see the remote from inside the car BUT this is easily modded.
Other:
Opens easily with four small screws. Remote sensor is easily found and just bend back 180 degrees and resolder. Drill small hole in the back, and now remote works great from the rear, within your car.
Bottomline:
Cheap, works well for the most part. I wanted to keep it in my car to tell drivers I pass to "Hang up and drive" or "Keep right when not passing" but too many keystrokes to really do that while driving.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections