DX  » Community » Reviews » G4 1.2W 108-Lumen 3500K 24-SMD LED Car Warm White Light Bulb (DC 12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Very useful LED – G4 1.2W 108-Lumen 3500K 24-SMD LED Car Warm White Light Bulb (DC 12V) Reviews

posted by dataplumber9 on 06/25/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Of all the LED emitters sold by DX, I think these are the best deal for your money. They are easily incorporated into most any circuit or housing, and the bulky connector pin can be removed easily to utilize just the original solder tabs. The unit is labeled with + and - terminals, so there's no guesswork.
The color is not the harsh blue one might expect, but warm white, just as advertized.
Cons:
Really no cons, however the current-limiting SMD resistors can get hot, so don't cover them with anything that will block the heat transfer.
Other:
I've used these with my solar power system, and they are way more efficient any CF bulbs, if configured properly. Of course, you must know how to make proper electrical connections, and a protective housing to prevent shorts and corrosion.
Bottomline:
These LED arrays are very cost-effective, and would be most useful for cars, RVs, boats, and solar-powered homes. I intend to use 3-6 for each room.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections