DX  » Community » Reviews » Bellsouth 22-Channel FRS Walkie Talkie (2-Pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great Price/Quality ratio! – Bellsouth 22-Channel FRS Walkie Talkie (2-Pack) Reviews

posted by appnss on 01/22/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
- Excellent range... I have tested more than 1km with some buildings in the middle. It probably is at least 5km line-of-sight. - Nice design, small, solid - It even has a blue led "flashlight" - Good volume and sound
Cons:
- Automatic Squelch is a disadvantage in case the noise floor/interferences is too high. Some sort of adjustment or levels would have been much better. - Minimun volume is so loud that it doesnt make many sense to set it higher. its ok, but some lower volume settings would be useful.
Other:
I was in doubt getting this one because it has the PTT on the front and not the side, but it doesnt really matter when you use it. Someone said in a review it would be better for the belt clip to be removable... Well, I am mostly sure it is... But its not easy to figure out how extract it and I worry about breaking it.
Bottomline:
Great value for the price. I havent tested the other ones DX has, but I dont think they can be much better.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections