DX  » Community » Reviews » PC Chipset Cooling Fan (5cm)
Sort by:
21 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5211 (52%)
  • 4 Star:4810 (48%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very nice unit

posted by miki0007 on 10/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    very universal fan with plug, 12V and 5V connection. Quiet operation , good air volume. Great for cooling applications in computers (video card, Ram) and other electronic fields. All units I received are well balanced and run smooth. The fans come individua...
    Cons:
    None
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    nice small fan

posted by nikomil1 on 06/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    it is small and does what it is designed to do. in my case i use it for cooling down android stick
    Cons:
    havent noticed any. maybe it would be better if it is ball bearing instead of sleeve bearing u for that price who cares? it wil...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great fan for low cost

posted by pils91 on 02/23/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    cheap fan and it move a sufficient amount of air without making too much noise. small an easy to fit
    Cons:
    ordred four of these and some of them vibrate pretty badly, but i did not expect much more for the price
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good quality

posted by bucha2211 on 03/25/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Simple fan for old processors. I bought 2 of these to use in an old computer that the system need to be running in Windows 98, so the processor is very old and still uses these small fans. It does the job very well and since the computer need to keep runnin...
    Cons:
    No cons at all. Maybe it could be cheaper, since it is really simple and small.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I bought one of these to cool an ADSL modem

posted by Kabbal on 11/26/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I plugged it into an electrical current of 12V 5A and it is working very well for the purpose. I've always had problems with ADSL modems that they lost the signal or lagged by overheating, he resolved my problems.
    Cons:
    The wire it is very short, so I had to pull the molex and solder the wire running to it so that there would be dropping and I h...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cannot detect fan speed!

posted by ivanwee on 04/27/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The fan works and spins up and its small.
    Cons:
    Fan speed cannot be detected!. i got this to replace a fan which has a BIOS warning when the fan is not able to be detected. Ap...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very cheap.

posted by oakwhiz on 02/09/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Verrrry cheap. -12v and brushed, so can be hooked directly to a 12v battery. -Seems to work, cools down surfaces.
    Cons:
    -This fan is an odd size. It's too large for older videocard fans, incompatible with CPUs, and is too small for case fans. -Min...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap & effective

posted by andi_ on 10/15/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Cheap Effective Good build quality
    Cons:
    Doesn't come with screws Power cable is a little short A little noisy for its size
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap chipset/CPU fan

posted by cwezk2 on 09/06/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Cheap, working on 12V, great for old CPU's or chipset coolers. Or for your DYI projects, I'll probably use it to cool my overclocked Linksys router.
    Cons:
    No screws included, so don't lost screws from your old fan. One of my 2 fans have a little "tight" bearing, it's not ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Buy one!

posted by chrisb on 08/31/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Cheap! Can fit almost anywhere Seems to give plenty of airflow given the size, even at 5 volts Still works fine after 6 months of moderate use
    Cons:
    No screws provided (understandable at this price)
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections