DX  » Community » Reviews » 42mm 2W 6500K 75-Lumen 9-SMD LED White Light Bulb for Car (DC 12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent Lamp – 42mm 2W 6500K 126-Lumen 9-SMD LED White Light Bulb for Car (DC 12V) Reviews

posted by outrojuliano on 07/06/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
I really enjoyed these lamps.
They are small but have a great lighting. I prefer the white light than yellow light bulbs candescent. It gives the impression that illuminates much more.
The price is very attractive ..
They consume less energy than standard bulbs
The car gets a modern look.
Cons:
It is not a product defect, but one problem I found in my car. It has internal timer lights and a dimmer (lighting switch off slowly). When I installed these bulbs, I realized that they remained on, even with the interior lights off. But an intensity very small, almost imperceptible. Fix this by adding a 470ohms resistor in parallel with the lamp, which has increased resistance and completely turn off the lamp. I tested the car of a friend and did not have this problem. I believe it is because of the dimmer and timer.
Other:
Pay special attention as the size, because this type of lamp has several sizes, which are sold here in DealExtreme. It's good to check what the lamp that fits before you buy
Bottomline:
I'll buy two more to put in the glove compartment and trunk. great price, a great deal.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections