DX  » Community » Reviews » RJ45 Category 5E Network Patch Cable (10M 4-Pair 24AWG)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 2
  • Price: 2
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 2
Not as Good as other cables with same price – RJ45 Category 5E Network Patch Cable (10M 4-Pair 24AWG) Reviews

posted by Andromance on 04/03/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
-hard to find one pro. Maybe cheap for others not for me.
Cons:
- Plugs are week and can break if not handled with care. - On plug won't connect good if I wouldn't tap it to my mediaplayer (All other cables I own works just fine - plug, hear the click and play). -The cable it self is thinner than standard so I doubt if the inner cables are well shielded from interferences. There for I doubt if this cable is actually CAT 5E. -Don't fool me with the price, there are cables cheaper or at the same price with much better quality, ama zon is your friend in this case.
Other:
This cable is tested with 100BASE-TX network and it has given 52% speed. Could be a bottleneck somewhere else in my home network, I will still try it with a 1000BASE-T network later and will update this review if I can. I also tested it by RJ45 cable tester and it went through. But I had to keep one plug with my hand in order for it connect properly.
Bottomline:
I wanted to give a try to this cable from DX as other products I bought from here and they worked fine But was disappointed with this one. Good luck if it works for you. Delivery to Finland was ok (about 2 weeks)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections