DX  » Community » Reviews » SATA Power Cord (20cm)
Sort by:
8 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:1008 (100%)
  • 4 Star:00 (0%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    For those bigtower builds

posted by tenthumbs on 04/07/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I've build quite a few systems in big tower cases where the PSU is located at the bottom rear of the case, and I've had the same problem with almost every PSU I've used; the SATA power-cables is too short to reach the optical drives in the top drivebay. Esp...
    Cons:
    The molex pins move around quite a bit in the housing, but I don't really see that as a flaw of any practical consequence apart...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Product, Escpecially for Such a Low Price!!

posted by Pav13 on 03/22/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    This product was exactly what I was looking for, and for under $2.00 at that! The male molex connector fit snuggly with the molex connector on my power supply, providing a reliable connection. The 20 centimetre length proved useful as well.
    Cons:
    No cons at all. Excellent product.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent product

posted by asrhael on 08/07/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Excelent product, good quality better than those sold in my country (Chile). The connector to the hard drive is strong, the cables are more rigid than the traditional and the connection to the hard drive is excellent (those sold in my country have a failure...
    Cons:
    None
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 1
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful with old psus and for modding,

posted by junimrox on 07/13/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    * It's an adapter, very hand in lots of situantions, but specially with older power supply units. ** You use both ends for modding, sometimes you need to create specific adapters for an array of hard drives. *** Very cheap, and even cheaper if you buy a lot.
    Cons:
    * Quality is not that good and in hard drives that is critical, but i have never had any problem of corrupted files duee to the...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very handy to have

posted by shusting on 06/14/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    20cm from tip to tip - should be sufficient to reach any drive - especially since this is an adapter.
    Cons:
    Not really much longer than the "sata power cable" sku 9809 - ~18cm for that one. If you're not going to need the len...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great buy

posted by Dgege on 03/04/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I had to build a computer for a friend, he needed a new HD. However, his PSU didn't have any SATA power plugs. I order a couple of these and what a great idea! At this price, it's a steal. I think I'll order a bunch more just in case!
    Cons:
    Impossible to find any, at this price! I guess only thing is that the length is actually measured including the connectors, so ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as advertised

posted by FireMotion on 11/14/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    When my older model SATA hard drive crashed, I bought a SATA II replacement. This model had the new power connector, and with this SATA Power Cord item, I could use the hard drive.
    Cons:
    The cable isn't 20cm, but the cable including connectors as a whole is 20cm.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Essential...erm...if you need it.

posted by milliwhat on 09/12/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -- Allows you to power a SATA drive when your PSU has only Molex connectors. -- Also functions as a short extension lead.
    Cons:
    -- None really, though if your case is small, or the distance between PSU and drive is short, as it is in my Antec P180, you en...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections