DX  » Community » Reviews » 2-LED 3-Mode White + Red Light Fog Bicycle Lights - Black (Pair/2*CR2032)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
So Cool! – 2-LED 3-Mode White + Red Light Fog Bicycle Lights - Black (Pair/2*CR2032) Reviews

posted by Telefina on 02/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Much more solid than I was expecting, not flimsy at all. Seems to be watertight but I haven't actually tested that. Came with batteries and worked right out of the package.
Cons:
Can be a little tricky to turn on and off, you have to push pretty hard and that can be hard to do when you're wearing mittens or if you're in an awkward position. Also, it wouldn't fit around my seat post quite properly so I had to find somewhere else to mount it.
Other:
It would probably be really easy to steal these, but at that price I can't be bothered to take them off. Being black, they don't stand out much when they're not turned on so I don't think someone would try to steal them.
There are two speeds of flashing mode and I'm not sure the point of that. To me, it just makes an extra button press to turn it off. I would prefer just the faster flashing.
Bottomline:
Much cheaper than the alternatives in my local bike shop. I like to be very visible when I ride, and lights are definitely a big part of my safety system. I prefer the lights that have 5 in a row, but this one is really good for a backup in case my primary's batteries die or it falls of or something.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections