DX  » Community » Reviews » 2400mAh Solar Powered Rechargeable External Battery Ipod/iTouch/Iphone 3gs/4 (Black)
Sort by:
18 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6712 (67%)
  • 4 Star:224 (22%)
  • 3 Star:61 (6%)
  • 2 Star:61 (6%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

94% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product

posted by Kevintjuhhhh on 12/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very easy to use. Thanks to the 30-pin connection on the bottom of the external battery it's easy to charge you iPone/iPod and external battery at the same time. I bought it for when I'm a couple of days on festival, normally my iPhone battery is good for 1...
    Cons:
    In countries just like the Netherlands there is not a lot of sun, so the solar panel is not use for me.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for charging on the go!

posted by FalcaoDaniel on 11/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Great size and Weight, chargers fast! Can also be charged by other USB devices if you have the iphone charging cable! Has a Lithium ion battery and holds up to 500 charges! Out put is 5v and 0,5 A. I tried charging it with the light from my flashlight and i...
    Cons:
    The display inner plastic came dislocated
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The best

posted by Bonezi2 on 11/22/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This is the best external battery for Iphone and Ipod. The 2400mah is great, and enough to full charge my iphone and keep with battery for another charge. The led are great. It does it's job very good. For me, the best external battery. Very quality materia...
    Cons:
    Does not work on Ipad. The sollar charging does not work! The Leds are too strong!
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Quality: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very useful but poor quality

posted by LukeJunior on 11/22/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Works as it should - Plug and play - Recharge a full iPhone 4 battery - Easy to carry - Charge connected to energy
    Cons:
    - It takes over 10 hours to fully charge in sun, and you have to leave it directly facing the sun - Very poor quality, I have ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Solar Disapointing

posted by Tsuny on 11/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Charges quickly from mains. The discharge into the iphone is very impressive.
    Cons:
    Ability to accept solar charge minimal. After full day in sun, 40c + charge was minimal. As solar charging was the reason I mad...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    handy

posted by drew32 on 10/05/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - charges my phone to full - solar panel - sturdy construction - indicator lights are simple and easy to use
    Cons:
    - solar recharge is slow - not the largest battery (only contains enough juice to partially charge a dead phone)
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Do what it says in a good way

posted by guspsiu on 08/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good Looking Convenient to use Not really big
    Cons:
    Mine doesn't light up the four LEDs, even after a 10h recharge, don't kow if it's a LED problem or it doesn't fully recharge I...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    MUST HAVE

posted by Ogravy on 07/15/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Charges my Iphone to about 70% which helps when im on the go. With the Solar panel which helps charge it when im outside or camping. The charging through an outlet also helps when im home so i can charge it much faster and make sure it has 100% charge. Easy...
    Cons:
    When you plug into your Iphone, you cannot have a case on it orelse the charger will fall out, or not connect properly causeing...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 1
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Worked well for about three months.

posted by antaresiv on 07/12/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Convenient to use. Good for travel, a nice way to top up the phone until you can get back to your accommodations. A full charge is capable of recharging an iPhone 4 twice at most. I used it for topping up from 10% back up to 50% about four times before...
    Cons:
    Connector stopped working after 3 months. Solar panel can't charge battery in a reasonable amount of time, perhaps if you left...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Little too big

posted by rodrigofontes on 12/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I bought it to use on my iPhone 4; and for my surprise, it fits just fine even with my case on. It has a good power level that would give a full charge to my iPhone and also retain some charge. It takes longer to charge with solar power, but you can also ch...
    Cons:
    Not enough power to charge the iPad. And a little too big to be carrying on my pocket. You better keep it on your backpack or s...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections