DX  » Community » Reviews » XM-L 975-Lumen LED Emitter White Light Bulb (3.0~3.5V)
Sort by:
19 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8917 (89%)
  • 4 Star:112 (11%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    AMAZING led bulb!

posted by willep99 on 01/16/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I Love this LED! It's really bright! All my friends like "-Wow, did you just pay 7.95$ for that!?" It lights up my whole basement without any lenses.. I have it in my DIY bike light.. (thats made out of plastic) and it works just fine! Now I'm po...
    Cons:
    No cons, but if you use the recommended voltage and amps it will get a bit hot! Even if you hold your hand in front of it you c...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Killer light

posted by Creulsomegeorge on 06/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is a killer LED, it produces according to the data sheet a powerful 910 lumen at 3.0A. The 975 is according to the best product series. But none the less this one comes close.
    Cons:
    There aren't any cons, just the possible difficulty of cooling them, 10W of raw power.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very Very Bright

posted by umutkose on 09/06/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Very Very Bright -Well structured -Good heatsink star -Voltage match with li-ion batteries -Power effiency is very high
    Cons:
    - Hard to solder because of star absorbing heat of soldering gun. -Hard to find a lens cap (i made myself using another lenscap...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    AWESOME

posted by jayduey on 08/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    -SUPER bright -runs on 3.6V -cheap for power -shipping (NOT handling) was pretty fast -star heatsink allows easy heatsinking -can be run on 12V with just a few resistors.
    Cons:
    -really really hot, therefore NEEDS big heatsink -was out of stock for about a month
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome Light

posted by nevik on 08/19/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I have bought this LED light before so it was a no brainer to buy it again. Very very bright and white - I drive it at the rated 3A and fit it into a special machined mount that I made for it. See below for further info.
    Cons:
    Puts out a lot of heat but this can be handled OK if you have sufficient metal to draw the heat away and dissipate it. Even so ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright!!

posted by Ruki319 on 08/15/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Really Bright. May be same or more than P7 c bin LED. Ues 3.3V / 3A driver. That will give you a good life span for this LED. The colour temperature about 6000 - 7000k it is very white. When drive Max. You see a hint of blue.
    Cons:
    This cree LED is not really reliable as I thought. If you order this for your project, get 1 or 2 extra. Becouse the LED is ver...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    When in doubt, choose Cree.

posted by PyromaniacB on 07/18/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is probably the best led currently in the world considering the cost and wattage. It's insanely bright. I use two of these with a Husqvarna Rider as headlamps and the light output is absolutely amazing. The solder pads are great, the star is provid...
    Cons:
    No cons really, just make sure these arent TOO bright for your application ;)
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    XMLAWT 1000-Lumen LED Emitter White Light Bulb

posted by manutxy on 04/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is the fourth LED I have bought. It is very easily assembled and has excellent light output. I changed the original bulb on a scuba flash light for this LED emitter and the difference in the light output was amazing!
    Cons:
    I don't like the colour temperature because the inner rim of the light has quite a lot of green. As a result, under sea water y...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Just the best

posted by akcaver on 01/06/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It has all been said before and it is true. These are just the best. I have made a variety of lights for caving and kayaking and they put out so much light it is great. I have reordered several time as I come up with more uses for them
    Cons:
    The colour temperature. Meaning they are very white. Some people don't like this especially if you want to use it as a house l...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent LED

posted by Andrej86 on 01/01/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    What can I say. One of the best LEDs in the world if not the best. The chip itself is very small an has excellent light output. The color temperature is nice too. I'm driving it with around 2.2 amps to be more reliable but it still outputs plenty of light a...
    Cons:
    No cons!
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections