DX  » Community » Reviews » Stainless Steel Guitar Capo for 6-String Guitar (Random Color)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 2
Seems like a good capo but doesn't suit my needs! – Stainless Steel Guitar Capo for 6-String Guitar - Gold Reviews

posted by manchom on 03/25/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Now its a guitar capo...so not so much to write about it anyway.
- The build quality is fair. Its a metal capo with strong enough spring.
- The rubber part also is good
- It has a plastic cover on the side holding the back of the neck not to scratch it
Cons:
The cons are mainly related to its usefulness
- I bought it for a classical guitar and now I can advise anyone who intends to buy it for a classical guitar not to do it.
- The size of the capo is small for a classical guitar neck. Its most probably suited for an electrical guitar which is not mentioned in the description
- It can hold all the strings from 1st to 3rd fret but from 4th onwards it becomes short due to the fact that the neck gets bigger the closer to the body you go.
- The curve on the capo (as you can see from the pics the rubber is curved) creates a buzz usually on third or fourth strings (depending how you put the capo) because the curved part cannot hold them well. So this is another point which makes me believe its for an electric guitar.
- It took almost 2 months to get it so I was disappointed to see it does not suit my needs.
Other:
Bottomline:
The bottomline is that it looks like a good capo, just NOT SUITED for classical guitars and this MUST be mentioned. Also I had suspicion that its for electric guitars due to the curve but still wanted to give it a try as its described as a capo for acoustic and electric guitars.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections